Communion

Communion

June 15, 2011

Elizabeth Peterson, new associate minister with GSM

Grace Street Ministry  has the great blessing of  a new minister  to share the work of Grace Street Ministry with Reverend Mair Honan.  Here are some words from Elizabeth:
"My name is Elizabeth Peterson. I have been volunteering with Grace-Street Ministry since October of 2009 as part of my requirements for the Chaplaincy of Maine where I was studying to be an Interfaith Minister. I love this ministry. In the past 2 years, I have learned so much from the people on the street about compassion, open-heartedness, kindness, generosity and a deepening of my own prayer life as well as my faith. On June 5, 2011, I was Ordained as an Interfaith Minister. I will begin my official work with the ministry the week of June 20th, 2011. I am looking forward to this new role as to the many opportunities to serve God as I am sure this ministry will allow."
Welcome Elizabeth and congratulations on your ordination.
More information about the Chaplaincy Institute of Main is available at chimeofmaine.org